ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

particle illusions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gib O'Connorparticle illusions
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 11:04:38 pm

HOW DOES IT WORK:
BEFORE I DESIDE TO BUY Pillusions i need to see it work. I downloaded the trial verson for AE-CS6. but when i apply some pillusions effects nothing happs. What am i doing wrong ?
Many thx in advance for ur answers/help :)

Gib :)

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 12:39:55 am

I haven't used particle illusion in almost 6 years and when I did it was the full version rather than a plug-in.

The main reason I don't use it is that I find Trapcode Particular to be a more full fledged particle solution. I'm sure particle illusion has some features that are missing from particular, but I honestly can't remember what those might be... must not have been important :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Gib O'ConnorRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 1:32:34 am

i am using the full (trial) version, not a plugin. But when and where ever i use it, it doesn't seem to do anything. Not on a still not on a video/clip. Just wanna know what can cause this problem and why. There are mabout 300 effects in pillusion and some i really like to use. but not one works.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 11:06:49 am

You should post your issue at the COW's Particle Illusion Forum.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 3:58:10 pm

I also ran PI many years ago. Its a particle animation system that has a VAST library of presets that Particular doesn't come close to. It limitation is that it is only 2D.

When I used it I would pick a preset from the library and use that as a jumping off point for creating my own variation.

It might be wise to look at the manual since it has a bit of a learning curve.

I also used the stand alone not the plug in. But I know what is built in the stand alone can be used in the plug in.

Have you downloaded the users manual? Google can be very helpful ;-)

http://www.wondertouch.com/quickstart.asp

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Gib O'ConnorRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 2:39:53 am

The problem is that after installing PIae in after effects CS6 and after making a comp and solid i click on PI i can see all the emitters. but once i want to apply one, it does not appear on the comp, solid, video or still. I use the trial version from the original site and the emitters from wondertouch all legal. no cracks! I see videos on youtube from others and there PI works just fine, why not on my pc ? I tried on AE cs4, cs5 and now in cs6 don't work in not one of them. I am not using the stand alone version, i use the plugin version for AE-CS6. Im really stuck here and don't know what to do next to make it work. I would like to buy the PIae but if the trial doesnt work to try it out, what chance do i have the full version would work ? Many thanks for your answer Tom :) I hope you can help me out. BTW, the link you provided in you answer was about the stand alone version which i do not use, i had it but i like the plugin better.

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: particle illusions
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:35:51 am

The thing to do is get in touch with Genarts tech support. Since they own the product they will be able to help you find out why you are having these problems. Good luck!

This link brings you to the AE plugin information.

http://www.wondertouch.com/index_2.asp

At the bottom its says this...

"When will it be compatible with CS6?
We're working on the CS6 update for pIAE and expect to release it soon. If you own an older version of particleIllusion for After Effects, contact us. "

support@genarts.com

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]