ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

"Video Puzzle" project setup for iPhones

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Gibson"Video Puzzle" project setup for iPhones
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:26:56 pm

I've created a presentation based on the idea of the YouTube viral video "Video Puzzle". Thought it would be a creative way to present an idea.

Here is a link to this video:

I've even synced scale "iphones" on the screen that will follow the movements that i want the videos to follow.

Where i'm completely stuck is how to export a video of just what the "iphone screen" sees on the bigger composition.

I'm fairly new to after effects but im sure im just overlooking one tiny thing.
At the moment the "iphones" are just PNG images but i have tried making them from the PNG and a composition of iphone screen size and parenting them together amongst other things.

If anyone could tell me how to make a setup much like the one this guy uses to "split this video up" then i would be forever grateful!

And here's a link to "the making of" video:

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: "Video Puzzle" project setup for iPhones
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:15:06 pm

It's an interesting technique but kinda painful way of doing it if you're going to go about it in an identical manner. He mentions creating a camera for each of the four phone's output/screen.

There lots of loopholes in his explanation as he's obviously not giving all that is required.

I suggest that you start off with black screens and move the phones about. Then track each phone. Then use track mattes for each phone to display a single video. This should give you similar results to his with a lot less hassle.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved