ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Increase in Forum Noise...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ridley WalkerIncrease in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:21:18 pm

At the risk of contributing to the problem...

I've noticed of late that there are more posts containing non-sequiters, odd comments and weird links. It seems that some posters aren't genuine.

Just look at the post about wiggle expressions below this one.

I'm hoping that the forum moderators can put a stop to this as it reduces the value of the forum.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Increase in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:23:22 am

Thanks for saying something. I was thinking the same thing but didn't say anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: Increase in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:36:16 am

Looks like they are paying attention, those specious posts are gone now,

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:37:02 am

Thanks, COW moderators!

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Increase in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 8:55:56 pm

I was just feeling guilty for "chastising" a recent member of the COW for "noise" posting a couple of days ago. I had been noticing that he often repeats content which has already been stated, or "verifies" that the above posting was a good idea. Someone else called him on it, and I chimed in, then felt bad about it - I may have been right. I tried my best to keep the message non-confrontational, but made my point.

I have also noticed that several of the people who have risen into the "forum moderator" position on the mastheads do exactly the same thing. I'm not sure that it was a good idea giving people positions in the masthead based on their frequency of posting - some of the less, shall we say, "dedicated" have realized that the more they reply and post, the quicker they move onto the masthead. Many often create unnecessary posts that say "glad I could help" when some one thanks them, or repeats the post answer from a couple of threads up, or just agrees with them, with no explanation - it's turning these forums into a race to the top game.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2013 at 8:57:14 pm

I share your concerns, Joe.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Increase in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 9:03:51 pm

Todd -

I've been a forum moderator and member of the COW since the beginning - I wonder if there should be some sort of referendum for leaders, managers, and long-standing members to help solve this problem. While it's not out of control (yet), there's been a lot more bovung to dig through in the last several months to get to quality content.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Alex GerulaitisRe: Increase in Forum Noise...
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:53:19 am

If I flag them (and boy, I do), they seem to disappear right away. That, or I have a Jesus complex.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]