AE rendering problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brigitte BöttcherAE rendering problems
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:18:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I have previously posted this post:

'Hi everyone,

a similar question as probably been asked in this forum before but I am desperate as I am running out of time and this work is for a client.

I have created an animation the is about three and half minutes long. I made sure that the files are big enough so that the quality remains even when I drastically size parts up.

The quality for all the graphics is fine when I go through it in the composition even when I size them up but just goes when I render it out into a quicktime movie. One time one graphic didn't even appeared in the final movie. I have tried pre-rendering most of the complex movements and graphics, which worked partly. But I still don't understand or what I can do so graphics don't go missing or appear in half of the actual quality.

I rendered everything out into Quicktime movie with Glopen switched on.

I am working on a Ma OS C 10.6.8 with 2.4 GHz and Intel Core i5. Memory is 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Please help! I really don't know what to do!'

And I was told to switch off OpenGL and multiprocessing frames as well as to update my AE, which I have all done. But now it seems AE is messing up 'transitions' or quick movements as well as the opacity of some layers. Any advice what I could do?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: AE rendering problems
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 3:52:55 pm

Hi Brigette

------ I dont know the technical reason for this but in this instance I would try the following : --

1 ) Render out to an uncompressed targa sequence

2 ) Clear AE and import sequence to see if it has rendered to targas ok - this will clarify whether of not it is something to do with the Quicktime output.

3 ) If targas are ok convert the file to a quicktime and find the solution later ( clearly if there is audio render audio as WAV and add to the quicktime conversion )

----- a bit obvious I know but just in case you have not tried it...

------------- all the best ------chris ---

Return to posts index

Brigitte BöttcherRe: AE rendering problems
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:44:17 pm

Hi Chris,

Yes I have tried that but even in the targa sequence it is still messing around with the opacity of some layers or is 'jumping' frames (black frames instead in the rendered piece). It kind of seems like it is having problems rendering out quick movements of layers and that also in the first minute of the movie the rest is fine, although layers move just as quick. Don't really know what to do.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE rendering problems
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 4:46:49 pm

[Brigitte Böttcher] "And I was told to switch off OpenGL and multiprocessing frames as well as to update my AE"

All good advice. The old OpenGL renderer was a disaster that should be avoided at all costs. It was never intended for final production renders.

Multiprocessing can actually slow your system down if you don't have enough RAM to take advantage of it. 4 GB of total system RAM is not enough.

[Brigitte Böttcher] "But now it seems AE is messing up 'transitions' or quick movements as well as the opacity of some layers. Any advice what I could do? "

AE's default lossless output module generates an intermediate file that is designed for additional post-production use, not direct playback. These files are generally huge, with very high data rates, and very few computers can play them back in real time without stuttering. For more, see this Adobe FAQ [link]: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

To help you choose a more suitable format for your needs, see the related Adobe FAQ [link]: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?'>Adobe FAQ [link]: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Brigitte BöttcherRe: AE rendering problems
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:42:24 pm

Well it is actually not the playback of the file that is messed up, because it is running smooth and if I stop the movie file in that moment it is still messing up the opacity or I have got one black frame in it. It is kind of jumping the transitions. Weirdly though, only in the first minute or so. Anything that I have produced later is fine, although the layers move just as quick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]