ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek NickellAE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:59:46 am

AE is failing on "fast blur". I have 6 layers with FB on it and have never had a problem with a built in plugin before... any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: AE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 3:37:54 am

[Derek Nickell] "AE is failing on "fast blur". I have 6 layers with FB on it and have never had a problem with a built in plugin before... any thoughts?"

What kind of failing? Force closing? What kind of assets are your layers? Have you tried disabling them all and enabling them one at a time to see when it fails?

Any other details you can provide (a screen shot?) would be helpful.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:51:49 am

As Darby says, we need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Derek NickellRe: AE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:28:19 pm

Force closing AE and saving a copy of the project.
All layers are solids with a single mask and turbulent displace.

I have disabled fast blur on every layer and rendered with it failing at the exact same point on the timeline without a pop-up telling me that fast blur caused it.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:02:45 am

[Derek Nickell] "I have disabled fast blur on every layer and rendered with it failing at the exact same point on the timeline without a pop-up telling me that fast blur caused it."

The render fails without Fast Blur applied? Have you tried disabling all effects?

What is your source footage?

Do the solid layers have any non-default layer switches enabled?

Anything else you can think of that is out of the ordinary? Project settings?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Derek NickellRe: AE CS6 failing on 'fast blur'
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 6:07:59 pm

I had tried disabling all effects, rendering as a tiff sequence, rendering 1 at a time and they all failed. Footage is PR422, normal project settings for 1080, no other switches enabled.

I went another way with the design and started over with all the layers using mask feather for edge blur. Had to get it out a couple days ago. Fast Blur and Gaussian work on other sequences within the same project, just not that one.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 5, 2013 at 7:28:48 pm

[Derek Nickell] "Fast Blur and Gaussian work on other sequences within the same project, just not that one."

Makes me think it's an issue with the source footage or possibly its interpretation, but I've been wrong before :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]