ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Time saver questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick MurphyTime saver questions
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 12:34:52 am

Two things:

1. Is there a way to launch the AE application with two composition viewer panels?

Even after going to "View" > "Add Viewer" then saving my workspace then quitting, the application opens with one composition panel. Can this be tweaked in a source workspace file or is there a script for something like this?

2. Is there a way to click on an image/layer in the composition panel and have it automatically come up in the timeline?

I sometimes have many layers and even though the layer is highlighted in the timeline I still have to scroll down looking for it and the specific keyframe I'm on. Soloing the layer is also not an option because sometimes I'm working with null objects and need to see the layer I'm controlling.
I'm hoping there is a script out there that does this and I've seen some that have come close but are still cumbersome with having to "shy" all those layers.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Time saver questions
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 1:33:14 am

Locked panels aren't saved with the workspace. If you think that they should be, submit a feature request (or bug report, if you think of it as a bug) here:

To scroll the layer stack in the Timeline panel so that the selected layer is at the set shown, press X.

This and all other keyboard shortcuts are here, in After Effects Help.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Patrick MurphyRe: Time saver questions
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 2:54:39 am

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved