ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Anyone use Video Blocks?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durwood HibbardAnyone use Video Blocks?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 7:47:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone has used I was looking into signing up for a membership and wanted to know people's opinions who have used them in the past or currently.

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: Anyone use Video Blocks?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 10:14:25 pm

They're allright. For the price it's pretty good overall. I got a subscription for the year when they were running a special, so for the money it's a great deal. But overall, somewhat limited selection. They've got a lot spread out, but ya soon realize it's a lot of stuff that's repeated or slight variations. Pond5 or Artbeats generally have more and better; but if you need something in a pinch and on a limited budget, you should be able to make do. In their defense, they're newer to the game and I think they're adding more each month. So overall, easy to download/utilize, search and pretty decent overall.

But that's just my opinion.... :)

Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Nikki JonesRe: Anyone use Video Blocks?
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:49:20 pm

Thank you for the comments, Tim! We are indeed growing our library each day, adding thousands of clips each month. And I'm excited to say that Video Blocks will soon be adding 40,000k new clips in a series of large batches, which will take over the 100,000 clip mark. However, we are not just stuffing in content for the sake of increasing quantity--it is all closely vetted and what we believe to be fantastic video and audio.

Happy New Year!

- Nikki

Nikki Jones
11160-C1 South Lakes Dr.
Suite 262
Reston, VA 20191
(P) (866) 282-5360

Video Blocks is a 2012 Inc. 500 Honoree
Ranked #4 Fastest Growing Media Company

Return to posts index

Durwood HibbardRe: Anyone use Video Blocks?
by on Jan 6, 2013 at 5:05:14 am

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Simon RoughanRe: Anyone use Video Blocks?
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 4:08:04 pm

Hi Durwood,
I too got videoblocks for a year with the special they had at Thanksgiving, and am more than satisfied. Like Tim said, its no Artbeats, but for the price its well worth it.

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved