ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Engin OsmanovskiAsus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 2:14:42 pm

Is this Asus N56VZ laptop a good option to work with After Effects thoroughly? (Also C4d and 3ds max...). I am giving some key specs below:

- İ7-3630QM 2.4 GHz (Up to 3.4 GHz with Turbo Boost)
- 16 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 128Bit (4GB)
- 1TB Hdd (5400 rpm)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 6:07:26 pm

That's a very slow hard disk drive, and that will slow down your work. It doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.

See this page for information about hardware for After Effects: http://adobe.ly/pRYOuk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Engin OsmanovskiRe: Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 9:43:50 pm

What if i replace the hdd with a 7200rpm one? Still bad?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 9:59:08 pm

That does at least meet the minimum system requirements. Follow the link that I gave to learn all about what hardware factors influence performance and how.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Suniel KummarRe: Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 11:23:35 pm

Hi there,
Any idea why wont above configuration work even after changing the hard disk to 7200 RPM? Sorry I tried looking at the link above but can't find the reason, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Engin OsmanovskiRe: Asus n56vz laptop for After Effects?
by on Mar 28, 2013 at 3:57:13 pm

If i am not wrong, it will work with a 7200. Just won't work efficient/fast enough with only 1 disk. They recommend "at least" 2 (1ssd + 1hdd) internal disks for AE. (More is better). It is a matter of separating the read and write process. The more you distribute these tasks to different disks, the more performance you get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]