ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

audio and video not synchronized when rendered (fine in RAM preview)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roy achkar
audio and video not synchronized when rendered (fine in RAM preview)
on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:52:56 am

When I RAM preview my composition, everything is lined up and sound matches the video exactly, but when I render the audio is playing slightly earlier than video, but the I am rendering a motion graphics shot with very precise timing for sound (impact,swiches...)

All my used sound are .WAV and all my footage is .EXR rendered from Maya so no compressed footage or sound used.
The audio sample rate of my project us 48 Kbps (AE default) - 29.97 FPS - 32 Bit per channel mode.
I am rendering an uncompressed QuickTime out of AE with uncompressed Audio checked( 48 Kbps, 32bit) and then I export all this in QuiickTimePro in a H264 compression format (AAC for Audio) since rendering compressed QuickTimes from AE is not advised and my QuickTime bite rate is not exceeding the 14 Mb/s and playing FPS is stable around 30.

I also tried using different bite rates but nothing works. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: audio and video not synchronized when rendered (fine in RAM preview)
on Dec 28, 2012 at 7:24:08 am

[same answer as here]

Why are you using H.264 in a QuickTime container? That is a rather buggy exporter. Try something (anything) else to see if this is the cause of your problem.

But, more important ultimately, you need to choose a better export format. Start here for that:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/729526

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

roy achkar
on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:48:55 pm

I tried PhotoJPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, ANIMATION all with same problem (all compressions generated in QuickTime pro)
I even have the problem when I render a straight uncompressed quicktime out of after effects.

But when I open my H264 in WindowsMediaPlayer or in AE, everything seems fine, it seems the problem comes from quicktime pro (definitly not from my hard drive speed or hardware since I have a modern gear). Really dont get it, how come WMP perform better than QUickTime and if the biterate is quite low then what is causing this in my quicktime pro player?

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Dec 28, 2012 at 7:58:06 am

roy

You can use Photo - JPEG Video Codec with MOV as it will compress around 70% and gives a good quality. If you want lossless then go for PNG Video Codec.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

roy achkar
on Dec 28, 2012 at 3:24:39 pm

PNG, photojepeg gave the same problem

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 28, 2012 at 3:40:10 pm

If you use a simple viewer with no RAID to look at your rendered AE files, You ought to read this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381?tstart=0

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

roy achkar
on Dec 28, 2012 at 4:01:38 pm

But when I open my H264 in WindowsMediaPlayer or in AE, everything seems fine, it seems the problem comes from quicktime pro (definitly not from my hard drive speed or hardware since I have a modern gear). Really dont get it, how come WMP perform better than QUickTime and if the biterate is quite low then what is causing this in my quicktime pro player?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 28, 2012 at 4:29:06 pm

Just read the link, okay? You'll learn something.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

roy achkar
on Dec 28, 2012 at 4:48:43 pm

Relax, I did read your link.
It didn't help in solving the problem since the huge file size is not the issue here, I am having the same audio/video lag problem when playbacking a compressed footage with low bite rate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]