ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE rendering problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brigitte BöttcherAE rendering problems
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 11:45:21 pm

Hi everyone,

a similar question as probably been asked in this forum before but I am desperate as I am running out of time and this work is for a client.

I have created an animation the is about three and half minutes long. I made sure that the files are big enough so that the quality remains even when I drastically size parts up.

The quality for all the graphics is fine when I go through it in the composition even when I size them up but just goes when I render it out into a quicktime movie. One time one graphic didn't even appeared in the final movie. I have tried pre-rendering most of the complex movements and graphics, which worked partly. But I still don't understand or what I can do so graphics don't go missing or appear in half of the actual quality.

I rendered everything out into Quicktime movie with Glopen switched on.

I am working on a Ma OS C 10.6.8 with 2.4 GHz and Intel Core i5. Memory is 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

Please help! I really don't know what to do!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE rendering problems
by on Dec 22, 2012 at 3:24:16 am

Do not use the OpenGL renderer.

Turn off Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing.

Make sure that you've installed the latest updates ( ). They fix a lot of problems.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Brigitte BöttcherRe: AE rendering problems
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 10:25:46 pm

Thanks for your help. I have done that but it is not messing up the colours at parts and sometimes it is struggling with 'transitions' or fast movements and just jumping frames. But it is not missing any layers any more.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: AE rendering problems
by on Dec 22, 2012 at 12:20:53 pm

-- I would render out as an uncompressed targa sequence then convert to a quicktime.

You can check your rendered sequence first by loading it into AE as a 'muliple file' / 'footage' sequence to make sure it is ok.

Audio can be rendered out as a wav and added to the quicktime no problem --

------------------chris ---

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE rendering problems
by on Dec 22, 2012 at 2:56:34 pm

Did the client specify a delivery codec for the quickyime? If no, I would use QT's PNG codec. It's lossless and almost every version of QT now used can read it.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved