ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular Interacting With Another Instance of Itself

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyrael Tan
Trapcode Particular Interacting With Another Instance of Itself
on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:05:05 am

Hi, I've got these two Trapcode Particular layers that do not interact with one another in 3D space.

I've been searching around and found two methods that people use to overcome this problem:

1. Using the Obscuration layer option.
2. Using the Far Vanish/Far Fade option to create two 'zones' of particles, one behind the object and one in front.

However, the first method can't be applied in my situation because the particle layers are both 2D. Also, the second method cannot be applied as well, because it only works when the AE camera is not moving (having a constant distance from the camera and the particles). and is facing the particles straight on.

In my case, I'm sort of like creating/forming a 3D logo using Trapcode Particular and I have a camera that pans/moves around it. I have two layers of particles because I want the logo to have two levels of extrusion (sort of like having different colours/parts of the logo to have different thickness/extrusion).

Also, I cannot use masking/matte methods in this case (for some personal reasons).

Is there any other workaround for this problem?

Any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
Re: Trapcode Particular Interacting With Another Instance of Itself
on Dec 21, 2012 at 10:03:35 am

Not sure I fully understand the question. If your emitter is not a light it should be.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Tyrael Tan
Re: Trapcode Particular Interacting With Another Instance of Itself
on Dec 21, 2012 at 10:09:09 am

Oh, my emitter layer is the logo image itself. I have the logo masked/sectioned into two parts (one part inside their respective compositions), whereby each part will have different extrusion thicknesses (by adjusting emitter Z value).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]