ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

after effects inspiration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett stumppafter effects inspiration
by on Dec 20, 2012 at 11:51:58 pm

Howdy all,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this question, so if it's a party foul, I apologize...

I was hoping that some of you guys might be able to help me out. I have a shot where the host is standing on the left side of the screen, and an abbreviated list of what he says lines up on the right as he makes each point. So my question is... Can anyone point out any examples of this kind of thing that were handled well. Text alone seems boring, and yet the more I animate my text the more it seems heavy handed. I don't want to copy the examples, just maybe get inspired. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: after effects inspiration
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 3:16:46 am

When it comes to animating text with speech, the first thing that comes up is Typography.

Just give it a try for one Para of dialogue and see if it is doing well.

You can search Typography on Youtube to learn how creatively you can use texts in you videos.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

brett stumppRe: after effects inspiration
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:02:10 am

Hey Vishesh,

Thanks for responding. I think I failed to explain what I'm trying to accomplish. I don't need to use text for all of the things that the person says, only the subject of each point the speaker makes.

So to use a hypothetical... if the person is talking about how great his text is, and how it seems to say everything he wants it to say, and it's in the perfect font for all his needs.
On the side there would be a bullet point that says "-great text".

I'll still check out the typography stuff to see if it stirs any inspiration. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved