ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cleaning Up Animated Masks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert TillCleaning Up Animated Masks
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:50:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on compositing a 3D rendering done by a consultant into a video to show how aspects of it look 'real world'. The rendering is a building and I have video from the same perspective on the street where the building is. This is all working fine.

Now to the question. I'm masking off cars driving past the site so they appear to be going in front of the building when it's added in. I've got a solid number of masks, and luckily they pan either left to right or right to left, so they end off the screen.

Is there a way to delete them after they've animated off the visible screen? It's more personal preference than anything, but the video clip is starting to get a lot of masks I want to clean out.

I know i could do each mask on a duplicate of this video, but I would assume my composition would get unnecessarily large at that point.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Cleaning Up Animated Masks
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:59:05 pm

One method to cleaning up masks is to use the lock feature on the mask. Then go to Layer > Mask > Hide Locked Masks.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Robert TillRe: Cleaning Up Animated Masks
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:01:42 pm

HA, fantastic! That does exactly what I needed.

Thanks a lot, John.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved