ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Glitch where something disappears?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan HillGlitch where something disappears?
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:36:49 am

A recent project I had was doing something where I had comp, I'll call it SONG, that contained a lot of precomps that were looped with loopOut()

Inside of each precomp was two layers, let's call them A and B, and each precomp had three frames of A and three frames of B.

Sometimes A or B for one of the precomps would disappear. The layer would still be visible in the precomp, but it wouldn't be visible within SONG, so instead of the nice cartoon wiggle I was going for, I got the precomp blinking on and off.

I was unable to predict when it would happen, and often just had to play around with things randomly until it disappeared and hoped it didn't spring up in one of the other layers. For an example of how weird it was, sometimes I could duplicate a layer having this problem, and suddenly both the original and duplicate didn't have the problem. Then I delete the duplicate and the original goes back to having the problem.

Anyone have any ideas what I should look for if it crops up again?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Glitch where something disappears?
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 5:39:41 am

If your are using loopOut() expression on Time Remap of precomps then delete the last key-frame and make a key on the second last frame.

See this:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Ryan HillRe: Glitch where something disappears?
by on Dec 18, 2012 at 5:41:46 pm

This was my first thought, too, but it didn't always work, B was disappearing for the entirety of its presence, not just a single frame.

But then it would get fixed by something that makes no sense, like changing the layer order.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved