ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issue with 3D Room Wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khaled RamadanIssue with 3D Room Wall
by on Dec 16, 2012 at 5:12:19 am

Hey everybody

I'm working on a video in AE where there is a wall and floor with 3d perspectives that repeat using Motion Tile.

I have these two layers as children to a Control NULL Object that I use to control their position.

The wall and floor are to move to the left and I have created other objects that are supposed to be parts of this "room".

The Issue I have is As the objects move to the left with the wall and the floor layers, they seem to move faster than the wall and the floor. They are not moving at the same speed.

The problem with this is that It appears as if the layers in the scene are gliding over the wall and floor while the wall and floor move on slowly.

Is there any way to fix this to where the objects in the room move at the same speed that the wall and the floor move? Or vice versa?

Let me know if you can help. Thanks

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Issue with 3D Room Wall
by on Dec 16, 2012 at 5:08:29 pm

Make a new Null Object(3D) and Parent all the Layers to it except wall and floor layers.

Also parent the first Null(to which wall and floor layers are parented) to the second Null Object .
Now use second null to move everything right.

Make sure all layers are 3D including Null objects.

If you don't want other object to accept lights and shadows(in case if there is any) press AA and Turn Off Accept Light and Shadow in material properties.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved