ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Brain Fart: An Unexpected Journey

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
Brain Fart: An Unexpected Journey
on Dec 15, 2012 at 7:17:24 pm

Hey guys, Its been a very long time since I created assets to use inside of After Effects. I'm using Adobe Illustrator CS6 to create basic shapes and assets that I want to animate inside of After Effects CS6. What is the best workflow for this? last time I did this was back on CS4 so I'm a bit rusty and things aren't working out the way I remember.

I'm creating multiple layers inside of Illustrator each with a graphic, then trying to import the Illustrator document straight into After Effects, the problem is, the layers aren't showing up properly, I was hoping each element would be its own layer. Also, everything is chunky and gross when I zoom up, I remember something to do with rasterizing, but all I remember is the word! any help?

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Brain Fart: An Unexpected Journey
on Dec 15, 2012 at 8:04:40 pm

It sounds as if the Illustrator elements you want aren't really on their own layers. For Illustrator practitioners who don't deal with AE a whole lot, it's a common thing.

But there should be an easy way around it in Illustrator: highlight the group you want and use the release to layers command.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:00:58 pm

Thanks for the response, definitely helped me out, I figured out my big problem, I had to turn 'Continuously Rasterize' on, the little sun looking button next to 'shy' and 'quality'. That fixed my issue :)

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:37:05 pm

As I re-read the original post, you may not have imported the Illustrator document as a composition... true?

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:42:09 pm

true :) I brought it in as footage

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 15, 2012 at 9:45:13 pm

...in which case, import it as a composition, and life gets better.

Dave LaRonde

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]