ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Troubles with render the color red

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
philipp magyar
Troubles with render the color red
on Dec 14, 2012 at 1:09:34 pm

hi

i have a big problem in after effects. i have one red text layer and when i render the project the layer looks in the final video half res quality but while rendering in the preview it looks good. i tried .ai and .png files but their was the same problem. i render the layer in black or white this works. 8 bit or 32 bit dosnt matter.
so maybe somebody knows the problem i didnt find anything in the internet.

greetings phizz

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Troubles with render the color red
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:36:09 pm

Sorry, but I'm having an extremely difficult time following the steps you took to fix your problem. Can you re-state them more clearly? Using English is good.

In the meantime, you should know that fully-saturated red can be a problem for many video codecs.

It also wouldn't hurt to know more about your situation. Here's a list of details you can supply that will help us help you:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743?tstart=0

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

philipp magyar
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:46:21 pm

sorry i was a little bit in hurry.

i work on a:

Mac OSX 10.6
2.8 Ghz Quad-Core
ATI Radeon HD 2600

i can not render red text layers or shapes sharp in cs5 or cs6. after rendering they look like half quality(settings are on best). in the comp window it looks normal and also while rendering in the preview every frame is correct.

i tried animation and sorenson codecand also jpegs.

thx

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:11:51 pm

Based on the additional information, I can only say it's time to reduce the red saturation a little bit. Red's notorious for looking like it's bleeding.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:25:39 pm

[philipp magyar] " i have one red text layer and when i render the project the layer looks in the final video half res quality but while rendering in the preview it looks good."

Ae thinks in RGB, which has no chroma subsampling, so your previews will always look clean.

If you are rendering to a chroma-subsampled format (MPEG2, MPEG4, ProRes 422, etc.), then the color values are encoded at half-resolution (or worse) while the brightness values are encoded at full-resolution. This leads to jaggies for things like red text on saturated non-red backgrounds where the edge detail (brightness) is encoded at a higher resolution than the color. Chroma subsampling is often unavoidable for final delivery, so you may be better off adjusting your design for this reality.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]