ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particular and Spin Amplitude/Affect Position not affect z-dimension

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Schela
Trapcode Particular and Spin Amplitude/Affect Position not affect z-dimension
on Dec 14, 2012 at 7:08:59 am

Hello folks,

is there any way (i.e. expressions) to get the Trapcode Particular not to affect the z-dimension when applying Spin Amplitude or Affect Posiiton?
I have particles (leafes) which overlap and flicker, when wiggling them with the affect position/spin amplitude parameter)

any help appreciated!!
thanks!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Trapcode Particular and Spin Amplitude/Affect Position not affect z-dimension
on Dec 15, 2012 at 1:00:22 am

There is no way to prevent Spin or Turbulence from changing your particles Z position. One thing you could try would be to reduce the number of particles being generated and generate them in a shallow area close to the camera. Then create another layer (or two) below the first and move the shallow area farther from the camera. The particles from the different systems would never intersect.

Potential problems with this are 1) pain in the butt 2) possible perspective mismatch if the systems are close together (the particles should be overlapping but aren't).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Sarah Schela
Re: Trapcode Particular and Spin Amplitude/Affect Position not affect z-dimension
on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:29:35 pm

I am very thankful for your reply. I'm sorry it took me so long to answer!
Your suggestion is quite the thing I tried out I think.
I ended up using particular leafes for bg and replace the ones in the fg with photo material which looks much more natural. I wiggle each layer of leafes individually.. thousands of layers, parents and expressions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]