ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

music video look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris artis
music video look
on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:34:25 pm

im trying to achieve the music video look of todays videos, they kinda look low budget but i like the look, ive watched color correction videos but im still having a hard time, i would post a video link but i dont know how to thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: music video look
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:37:28 pm

[chris artis] "im trying to achieve the music video look of todays videos, they kinda look low budget but i like the look, ive watched color correction videos but im still having a hard time, i would post a video link but i dont know how to thanks in advance"

You're really going to have to give us a bit more than that to get any meaningful help.

A YouTube link showing a look you like would go a long way, especially with another link of some of your actual footage and a description of what you've tried to do so far.

You can simply paste a YouTube link in your post, and you can upload your own videos to the COW's servers by clicking the movie camera icon above the text box where you write a post or reply (it's the second in from the right), then copying and pasting the link into your post.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:19:03 pm

Walters right. There are so many different looks / styles / concepts used in music videos that you need to pick ones you like and use them as inspiration. Thats what I did with this music video seen below.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

chris artis
on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:38:58 pm

the rooftop scene is what I'm going after, I'm trying to get my skintones like this or better, Mr tom your video rock and I like that look as well, thank you guys for helping

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Dec 14, 2012 at 8:43:20 pm

Thanks Chris.

There are several rooftop scenes but I think the one you are referring to look like they stripped all the chroma (color) out then applied a greenish tint.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]