ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry CoolidgeAdobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 8:30:59 pm

Did Adobe drop the option to export out into Adobe Clip Notes format? I'm not seeing it, and I'm not finding anything helpful when I do Google searches to try to determine what happened. Can anyone fill me in? (P.S. I really don't care for the new system where "After Effects Help" sends me out to the web instead of to Adobe's documentation. I feel like I end up searching way too much for stuff that used to just come right up.)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Adobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:14:17 pm

Clip Notes is gone.

It depended on a feature in Acrobat that the Acrobat team removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Terry CoolidgeRe: Adobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:35:27 pm

Thank you for replying.

I'm surprised that this information was not more easily found by searching the web. I started drafting an email to a client where I was going to suggest using Clip Notes. It wasn't until I tried rendering out a small sample that I discovered that Clip Notes might no longer be available. I wasted a half-hour or more looking for a definitive answer using Google searches. I'm extremely grateful to eventually get a helpful response here on the Creative COW forum, but shouldn't Adobe have some info out there somewhere on the web that simply says, "Clip Notes is no longer an option for export?" Seems like the nice thing to do.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Adobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:58:57 pm

This featurewas removed years ago. There's an explicit note in our documentation about what's new and changed here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS2bacbdf8d487e582318b176...

I've also conveyed this information many times in many places over the past few yeara.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Terry CoolidgeRe: Adobe Clip Notes in AE CS6?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:07:39 pm

I do appreciate you taking the time to follow up, Todd. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]