ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DNG image sequence imported into CS 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tylor Larson
DNG image sequence imported into CS 5.5
on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:54:53 pm

can AE 5.5 import a DNG sequence? the DNG sequence is coming from the Fastec tsp 100-s. not sure what bit depth the images are, but I want to find out what AE can support.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: DNG image sequence imported into CS 5.5
on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:16:47 pm

Have you tried?

Here is the list of formats that After Effects can import:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

DNG is on that list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:38:33 pm

yea,... but that doesn't really anwser my question. I need to know if any one has imported the Fastech Highspeed camera footage into AE and what setting they were using.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:00:28 pm

The point of DNG is that if it's in that format, then any application that can import DNG footage can import any DNG footage.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:09:49 pm

yes i know that in most cases DNG will work.... but there is some issues with cinemaDNG files... that come from the black magic camera.. and i simply just want to double check that there isn't going to be any issues when importing a DNG from the Fastech camera. because the fastech camera can be set to 8 or 10 bit... and it doesnt state on the Adobe website under DNGs if there is a conflict between 8 or 10 bit...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:32:06 pm

[Tylor Larson] "yes i know that in most cases DNG will work.... but there is some issues with cinemaDNG files... that come from the black magic camera.. and i simply just want to double check that there isn't going to be any issues when importing a DNG from the Fastech camera. because the fastech camera can be set to 8 or 10 bit... and it doesnt state on the Adobe website under DNGs if there is a conflict between 8 or 10 bit..."

I haven't had any trouble working with BMCC test footage in Ae/Camera Raw -- and those DNGs are supposedly 12 bit. I have no reason to anticipate any problems with other DNGs.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:35:02 pm

thank you! that is what i figured but i just wanted to dig into the dng seq and see what kind of workflows will work here at our office. Thanks again.

TY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]