ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keying out logo on wall.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James WhittingtonKeying out logo on wall.
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:49:22 pm

I'm editing some interview footage. In some shots there is a logo on the wall that is a little bit annoying. Looks like it's growing out of the subject's head so I'd love to remove it.

I've attached a pic. Doesn't look like it would be so difficult but I'm having trouble. Keylight isn't working. Other things I've tried want to key out the hair as well. Colors don't seem THAT similar.

The background is a nice solid color. So I feel like it should be fairly easy to key out and put the same solid color behind it.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Craig WhitakerRe: Keying out logo on wall.
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:52:17 pm

Depending on how long the shot is or what the subject is doing, I'd probably paint a clean frame and track it back on top.

Craig Whitaker
Digital Design Director
161 Leverington Avenue Suite 1002
Philadelphia, PA 19127
O: 215-487-2060

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Keying out logo on wall.
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:19:33 pm

As Craig said, you'll definitely need a clean frame underneath, but you could also try the RotoBrush on the main clip to see if it can key out the background totally. I've got a feeling that some of the logo will survive the RotoBrush, but it might knock down the amount of hand roto you have to do.

"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Keying out logo on wall.
by on Dec 14, 2012 at 7:29:46 am

Steve is right. Give a try to Rotobrush. It comes out very useful in most of the cases.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved