ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dynamic Link is working?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig WhitakerDynamic Link is working?
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:38:27 pm

Hey everyone,

Testing out a potential new workflow here at the office and have a few questions regarding Dynamic Link.
We have three rooms running CS6 right now, essentially two gfx rooms and a supervised edit suite. The idea was to have the editor working and have DL comps update in "realtime" while gfx is working on them. So far, the only way we can get them to update is if the editor opens the AE comp on his machine. He doesnt' have to do anything, simply open the project and flip back over to Premiere. This seems odd to me, but maybe this is the way it's designed to work, I don't know.

Thanks so much.

Best,
Craig

Craig Whitaker
Digital Design Director
Assembly
161 Leverington Avenue Suite 1002
Philadelphia, PA 19127
O: 215-487-2060
craig@assemblypix.com

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Dynamic Link is working?
by on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:54:34 pm

[Craig Whitaker] "We have three rooms running CS6 right now, essentially two gfx rooms and a supervised edit suite. The idea was to have the editor working and have DL comps update in "realtime" while gfx is working on them. So far, the only way we can get them to update is if the editor opens the AE comp on his machine. He doesnt' have to do anything, simply open the project and flip back over to Premiere. This seems odd to me, but maybe this is the way it's designed to work, I don't know."

Dynamic Link seems to be built on single-user, single-system assumptions. Collaborative workflows are addressed in the upcoming Adobe Anywhere.

My guess is that because the change is not happening on the same machine as editorial, the Dynamic Link manager process responsible for getting the frames into Premiere Pro is unaware of the changes.

I don't believe there's a way to reload media in Premiere as there is in Ae, so your workaround is probably best. Also note that closing and re-opening the project should refresh the dynamic link.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]