ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition showing Alpha & RGB Channels

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver de MorasséComposition showing Alpha & RGB Channels
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:54:38 pm

I have a green screen movie of a person and have keyed it using keylight. My composition is 250x500.

I would now like to create a composition (250x1000) with this movie duplicated, one above the other. The top movie should display the RGB channel and the bottom movie only the alpha channel. How can this be accompolished.

P.S. At the moment, I render the composition twice (once with just the alpha channel, and then with the RGB channel). Then import both vidoes into my 500x1000 composition and then re-render. I would like to cut down my rendering jobs ;O)

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Composition showing Alpha & RGB Channels
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 1:41:35 pm

Oliver

Alpha channel contains white that indicates complete opacity, black indicates complete transparency, and shades of gray indicate partial transparency.

You can create a Matte by applying Fill Effect(Effects>Generate>Fill) on your keyed Footage. This will fill your footage with white color and will look like Alpha Channel of your footage.

Your Keyed footage should be 100% Opaque which means there is no Shades of grey in its Alpha channel.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Composition showing Alpha & RGB Channels
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:34:55 pm

Effect > Channel > Shift Channels. Set Alpha to Full and Red, Green and Blue each to Alpha.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Oliver de MorasséRe: Composition showing Alpha & RGB Channels
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 3:34:39 pm

Perfect - thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]