ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

University Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Megan EvansUniversity Project
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:54:53 am

Im currently making a short piece on after effects for a university project and need some help with ideas. Im creating the opening titles to another university project which is a drama about an old man and his granddaugther. I was hoping to create "vintage" home video clips cut together with the titles over them and music. but i was hoping to add some appropriate effects to the clips but not too sure what i could do? any suggestions would be helpful :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: University Project
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 1:12:08 pm

I would add Film Grain and perhaps some dust like effects to make the film look older. Andrew Kramer did a tutorial you might be interested in seeing. Old Film Look

Another treatment you could add is the use of film burns---some people use them as transitions. Anyway you can download some free ones HERE.

If you have some specific looks you are trying to recreate, if you linked to some specific examples it will be easier to help you create your effects.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: University Project
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 1:47:23 pm

Another thought is to keep it simple and dramatic. Just make the footage black & white.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved