ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian LeeWhat is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:11:27 am

I've searched high and low before posting and no results found in the database... Okay so, is the Resolution drop-down menu in the Preview panel, wherein Play, Pause, and RAM Preview button lie in have the same function as the Resolution drop-down menu in the Composition panel? Or is it just have a remnant difference like what my logic tells me that for the Composition panel's - the quality of the video we see. And for the Preview panel's - the quality of the RAM Preview, whether it buffers more or buffers less. Is it like that? Please gloss on this peeps! Thousand thanks all!!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:29:24 am

You are correct- the resolution in the Composition Panel determines the quality of what you see there when you work on your project, while the other determines the quality of your RAM preview.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:53:49 am

Sebastian

AFAIK you are thinking in the right way. The Resolution drop-down menu in composition panel affects only the preview of video we see or Standard Preview and Resolution drop-down menu in the Preview Panel affects the RAM preview. Though none of them affects the final output.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:34:27 pm

The Resolution setting in the Composition panel (which also affects the Layer panel) influences how the source footage is sampled (reading not all of the pixels on input), whereas the setting in the Preview panel influences which pixels are rendered for RAM previews.

By the way, Vishesh's use of the term 'Standard Preview' is incorrect and misleading here. The term 'standard preview' refers to the preview that is performed when you press the spacebar or the Play button in the Preview panel. See this page. The Resolution setting in the Preview panel applies to RAM previews, not standard previews.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:03:41 am

Todd

Thanks for the correction but I have given the same information in my earlier post.

The Resolution drop-down menu in composition panel affects only the preview of video we see or Standard Preview and Resolution drop-down menu in the Preview Panel affects the RAM preview.

Isn't this correct?

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Sebastian LeeRe: What is the difference between Resolution in Preview panel and in Composition Panel
by on Dec 13, 2012 at 7:42:15 am

Ahh silly me. Thank you sir. *thumbs up

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]