ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:01:58 pm

OK, tried all I know and still not getting the desired result.

I have some footage of a video card. I've got a head and shoulders which I am mimicking in the video card. I've used Mocha to get the tracking data and attached it to a corner pin effect (on the comp that contains the footage).

I've applied some Bevel and Emboss and Inner Shadow Layer effects. I've applied a mask to the comp too. The footage and the comp are set to 3D and all switches on for continuous rasterization.

It doesn't matter what I do, moving the anchor point of a 3D camera rig (Null and Camera) only results in zooming within the footage. So for example when I reposition using the anchor points of the Null to bring the inserted (head and shoulders) footage to full screen, the footage just moves within the footage boundaries (so will zoom the footage beyond the mask and then just keep zooming, but with the inset), not the comp boundaries that these sit in. Here is a visual demonstration of the comp structure. It is 3 deep.

Current comp (doesn't move within boundaries) > Comp containing footage > footage (moves within this boundary)

It doesn't matter if I create another pre-comp, the same thing happens.

The only way to solve this is to turn off continuous raterisation, but then the footage is blurry close up. No good. A pre-render has the same effect.

See pics to help explain a bit more.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Olly LawerRe: 3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:10:09 pm

PS - Just tried bringing the footage up a level and applying the tracking data. The 3D camera now works a treat, but the footage looks blurred when bringing it to it's original resolution to fill up the screen. This shouldn't be the case as this is the original resolution.

PPS - I've tried using the 'preserve comp when nested', but I still get the same issue when adjusting the anchor point. I cannot get the footage to zoom full screen.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: 3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:45:54 pm

Is the footage layer 3d checked?

Return to posts index

Olly LawerRe: 3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:47:30 pm

Yep. Tried with and without all buttons.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: 3D camera, continuous rasterisation and blurring footage
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 7:09:06 pm

Collapse Transformations/Continuously Rasterize can really get weird when using transform effects such as corner pin. It'd be near impossible to figure out how to fix the problem without getting down into all the details.

Can you provide a simplified project file with proxy images/solids?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]