ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering 5 min AE and PP sequence taking 10 hours!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Camille Katz
Rendering 5 min AE and PP sequence taking 10 hours!
on Dec 11, 2012 at 1:55:37 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help me please.
I imported a short 5 min AE composition with hardly any effects just some background color changes and 7 cc particle explosions into Premier Pro with some music i made.
Then when i tried to render the premier pro sequence in h264 360px youtube size it first told me that it will take 10 minutes then it said 4 minutes remaining and suddenly went up up up to 20 minutes then 4 hours and finally 10 hours! i had to cancel it.
What am i doing wrong? Is it normal that something like this takes 10 hours to render??
Is there a way to make it go faster?

Thank you a lot in advance,

Camille

Return to posts index

Øystein Dahl Godø
Re: Rendering 5 min AE and PP sequence taking 10 hours!
on Dec 11, 2012 at 2:01:18 pm

Hello,
I had a similar problem on the thread just before this one.

I actually found a link from Adobe, that could help you out:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/optimizing-for-performance-adob...

Have a look there.

Best regards,
Øystein Dahl Godø
Manager @ MotionMove Studio
http://www.motionmove.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 11, 2012 at 3:22:37 pm

Without providing us any information about your system, your software, your footage and how you have AE set up, the link Øystein gave you is the best recommendation we can make.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Headrick
on Dec 11, 2012 at 3:59:16 pm

I imagine its the 7 CC Particle explosions that are racking up the render times. If your particle systems have even a little bit of complexity to them, and there are seven of them, and they're emitting particles for 5 minutes, then I wouldn't be too surprised to see a 10 hour ETA on an average system. Unless you're working on a high-end workstation machine with a lot of processing power, that sounds pretty normal.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:04:37 pm

As the others have indicated, 10 hours for a five-minute video is not unusual if there are render-intensive effects such as particles.

Do check out the link provided above for performance tips; it should help you to understand what contributes to render times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Camille Katz
on Dec 13, 2012 at 3:05:06 pm

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.
The particles are emitting particles each time for only 2-5 seconds and my computer is supposed to be really strong like an iMac.
I only need this video for a music video for youtube so i found a way to preview it and then screen capture it to cut the render time.
Not very proffesional i know but works for the moment until i get an even stronger computer.

Thank you for your time to respond!

Camille

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:50:38 pm

Well...how long does it take for AE to render any given mid project frame? If those are blazing fast, It should be memory issues and such...otherwise, do the math.

Return to posts index

Camille Katz
on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:48:42 pm

Hi Cassius,

I have no idea how long it takes for mid project frames. i'm a newbee in AE so don't have so much knowledge. where can i see how long it takes?
all i see when i try to render is a pop up saying it will be 10 hours.

Thank you a lot
Camille

Return to posts index

Robert Headrick
on Dec 13, 2012 at 3:44:08 pm

Another thing you can do is just set the render up to run overnight or some other time when you're not going to be using the computer. Just start it sometime in the evening, and it's ready for you in the morning when you get up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]