ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering With Proxies

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James MurphyRendering With Proxies
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:22:18 pm

Forgive me if this has already been asked.

The project I am working on has a good number of clips in a composition. Several of the clips are small and aren't featured; they're more for the background. I made proxies for all the clips for workflow purposes, but don't want all proxies to render.

The final comp contains pre-comps for organization. I would like to render out the final comp using proxies for most of the clips from the first comp and keep the high-res clips at high-res.

How can I go about outputting the final comp using both proxies and high-res media in order to maximize render time?

Also, is there a way to do it in Adobe Media Encoder so I can free up After Effects?

~James

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Rendering With Proxies
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:55:55 pm

[James Murphy] "The project I am working on has a good number of clips in a composition. Several of the clips are small and aren't featured; they're more for the background. I made proxies for all the clips for workflow purposes, but don't want all proxies to render."

You can turn an individual proxy on or off by clicking the rectangle proxy icon to the left of the item itself in the project panel. Use this feature to disable whatever proxies you don't want and enable whatever proxies you do want, and then you should be able to render with "Current Settings" selected in the render settings.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Rendering With Proxies
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 5:12:45 pm

James

Have a look at this article and search for Proxy:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS619F56A5-4D32-4b44-A229...

Its very useful.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]