ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

The order of THINGS in my project area.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott geneThe order of THINGS in my project area.
by on Dec 8, 2012 at 2:16:46 pm

Okay, crazy question: Is there any way to override the default alpha order of your project folders? I figured by CS5.5 there would be...

Tnx

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: The order of THINGS in my project area.
by on Dec 8, 2012 at 2:42:37 pm

scott

Don't know any particular straight method.

But you can Change the Label of each file in Project panel by Simply clicking on the Label and selecting a particular label from the Context menu.

After assigning different labels to different files, they will align in project panel in an order as they appear in Context menu.

This means Red labeled files or comps will come first in project panel, then yellow and so on.

Just an another way to arrange files in Project Panel.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: The order of THINGS in my project area.
by on Dec 8, 2012 at 10:01:40 pm

I generally like to use folders that you create within the project, for example Audio, Stills, Video, or other related names which will help you keep track of what you're doing.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

scott geneRe: The order of THINGS in my project area.
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:03:52 pm

Tnx Guys. So it doesn't look like moving folders in your own order has been implemented yet. Yikes! Would have thought that to be an option by now. I deal with a ton of animation frames, so I'll have folders like:

scene1
scene2
scene1redux
scene1redux2
scene3
etc.

The problem is that if I've got 20 of those, something like scene1redux and scene1redux2 goes to the bottom of the list, heh. I can always place it into the scene1 folder but it would have been nice to simple place them in the order I'd like instead of nesting. Ah well...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]