ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CPU low usage problem!!!Help!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Exe JcCPU low usage problem!!!Help!!!
by on Dec 8, 2012 at 3:03:50 am

Please Help! I have a problem, I just upgraded my PC from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 at 3,33 Ghz to an i7 3770 ivy bridge and placed it on a gigabyte p67a-ud5 with the latest bios update f8 version. I now checked for cpu support and it shows for i7 2600k at most. The pc works, I ran cinebench on it and all 8 cores light up like a christmas tree at 100%. But when I render for example with After Effects CS 6 or even Premiere Pro a simple quicktime video canon 7d dslr mov format to quicktime photo jpeg my CPU is only around 30% and it doesn't go full power. I enabled multicore processing(i have corsair 1333 2x4gb ddr3 and 1,5 gb allocated for each 1/4 physical core) and also the disk cache at 70 gb and still 30% power. I even tried disabling cpu parking and still no succes. The rest of my specs are a PSU Corsair at 750W, ati radeon hd 4870 x2, seagate barracuda 3tb with sata3 6gb/sec. I set everything to high from bios, the cpu goes to 3,9 ghz but still 30% power when rendering simple video to many formats like avi xvid, avi sony yuv codec, avi uncompressed, quicktime photo jpeg, qt animation, etc. Please help? What could be the problem? How do I reach 100% power?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved