ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects not updating RAW Metadata changes from premiere pro via dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Krohn BerleAfter Effects not updating RAW Metadata changes from premiere pro via dynamic link
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 1:05:39 am

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project with red footage in Premiere Pro CS6 and AECS6. I had a couple of shots that needed some rotoscoping done and so I "replaceed it with with an After Effects Composition". The dynamic link clip in PP is updating all the changes done in AE perfectly, but AE won't update the changes I do to the original footage;

I'm changing the raw metadata in RedCine-X and then via "Source settings" on the chosen clip I use the "Reload from RMD" to update the clip in PP and it works fine...but not on the dynamic clip from AE. I've tried to use the "reload footage" option in AE, but nothing.

Kim. K. B.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: After Effects not updating RAW Metadata changes from premiere pro via dynamic link
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:22:55 am

You may find this helpful for future projects http://www.fallenempiredigital.com/blog/2012/07/29/batch-reload-redcine-x-r... It allows you to run your Premiere Project and batch reload all metadata changes rather than hit reload on files one by one.

As to why AE isn't updating dynamic link, you need to update the source file within AE. Right click the RED file in your AE bin and go to Interpret Footage > Main... and you'll get a window with a button in the lower left marked "more options" click it and it will be the same RED editing window as Premiere. Reload from there.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

Kim Krohn BerleRe: After Effects not updating RAW Metadata changes from premiere pro via dynamic link
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:19:52 pm

What I needed, and more!; Fallen Empire was very helpful.

Thank you very much for accurate info and fast reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]