ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Twixtor: After Effects CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley RipkaTwixtor: After Effects CS6
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 9:08:19 pm

Okay, I've looked all over for this answer, and if there is a post with a SOLVED answer then please point me in that direction.

I have been trying to play with Twixtor for months now. I can not figure out how to slow down footage without getting a ghosting or warping effect. I only have the trial, I am trying it out before I invest money into the full version. Don't know if that has something to do with it.

I have tried footage at 1920x1080 30fps. I have tried 1280x720 at 60fps, and I have tried the GoPro Hero 2 at 848x480 and 120fps. I am using After Effects CS6, and most of the tutorials are either older versions of AE or in FCP.

I have tried Twixtor and Twixtor Pro in the download. I have messed with motion blur and everything. I've applied the effect to a solid and to the actual footage itself. When I export the footage, the fps all match.

Can someone please help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Twixtor: After Effects CS6
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 4:06:46 am

The best way to do slo-mo is to shoot at a high frame rate and conform the footage to the desired frame rate. Since you don't make it clear how much you wanted to slow down the footage, it's tough to tell if Twixtor or any plugin can do the job you want.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lori FreitagRe: Twixtor: After Effects CS6
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:24:26 pm

You can watch
Even though it wasn't in CS6, Plug-ins are the same as in older versions of AE. Also, You can
watch this tutorial for help with the "warping" that you are having issues with.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved