ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 won't play ProRes 422 HQ files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy MurphyAE CS6 won't play ProRes 422 HQ files
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:17:38 pm

I am new to CS6 so maybe my settings are not correct yet, but I get bad video when I import ProRes 422 HQ mov files. The same movie as an Uncompressed 8 bit is fine. I can export to ProRes, but can't seem to get it to look correct in CS6. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS6 won't play ProRes 422 HQ files
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:39:43 pm

See this, and tell me which (if any) of the workarounds at the bottom of the page work:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/05/prores-4444-and-prores-422-in.h...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Andy MurphyRe: AE CS6 won't play ProRes 422 HQ files
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 7:20:28 pm

Thanks for the information. Any idea if a patch is coming for this?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS6 won't play ProRes 422 HQ files
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:10:15 am

I can't answer your question without knowing which of the workarounds on that page worked for you, what hardware you're using, et cetera.

For example, if you're using AJA hardware and the problem is a conflict with AJA codecs as described on the page that I linked to, then it would be AJA that would need to provide the update.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]