ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

C300 & After Effects CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon CollinsC300 & After Effects CS6
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 12:11:17 pm

Hi All,

Having some bizarre issues with After Effects CS6 - & MXF C300 files. Its really glitchy, sometimes doesn't render the footage (including RAM preview), sometimes doesn't scrub - the footage either just disappears, turns black or green and looks like digital noise. Sometimes it works fine when rendered at 100%.

Thought it was the graphics card so I've replaced it with a NVIDA Quadro 600 (not the best but officially supported by CS6) and problems are still present. I've even tried the project files on a separate Mac Pro Xeon with the same issue.

I've spoke to someone else who original worked on the project on a newer MacBook Pro with no issues. Is it possible this is a glitch with Mac Pro architecture and After Effects CS6?

My set up is:
Early Mac Pro 2 x 3Ghz
12GB Ram
Quadro 600

Mac Pro Xeon 8 core

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 12:49:47 pm

Hi Jon ---- have you tried clearing the cache ? -- I've had some very wierd stuff that seems to be fixed by clearing the cache.

( edit / purge / all memory )

-------------- chris --

Return to posts index

Jon CollinsRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:16:49 pm

Yep. Also emptied disk cache as well.

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 9:02:35 pm

It may be the MXF format that's causing the issues. Premiere (or FCPX) will handle it natively, I think that After Effects doesn't like the long GOP MPEG format and prefers full frames to work with. Try transcoding the footage to ProRes or something similar (DnXHD perhaps).

Return to posts index

Nick JenkinsRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:57:58 pm

I've long thought it might be the MXF format that might be the problem. We're having similar troubles with it right now at our company (which is BEYOND frustrating, by the way).

When we "Replace with After Effects Comp" we'll get solid green video, black video, weird scaling issues (where the video will say 100% but is zoomed in far past that), and general glitchy-ness. It's problematic for us as we're using the XF100 and specifically went away from FCP to avoid transcoding and wasting hard drive space.

Are there any rumblings from Adobe that a fix for this is on the horizon or does it just look like us MXF users are kind of hosed?

Return to posts index

Mark BillingsbyRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:49:38 am

I'm having these issues as well. I duplicated the c300 footage and put masks, trackers, etc. When I went back to Premiere it worked fined. I went back later to make some changes and things start turning green. If I switch between full and half resolution i get different combos of green. It's really weird and frustrating. Anybody found a solution?

Return to posts index

Jon CollinsRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 1:56:56 pm

Sadly no. I've found viewing at 100% and regular restarts is the *most* reliable way. Still a complete pain though. If I have time I'm aiming to transcode before I get it into AE at the moment.

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlinRe: C300 & After Effects CS6
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:35:08 pm

Did anyone find a reliable fix for this, aside from restarting the computer? I just tried calling/chatting with Adobe, and they refuse to help me since I have CS6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved