ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph SimonsExceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:33:05 pm

Greetings, cows!

I am working on an animation that involves using the 'Spherize' effect. The radius setting only allows a user to input a value of 2500.0 units or less. I understand that maximum value limits are common in attributes to LOTS of effects for a variety of reasons. Is there any way to override the maximum values for this (or any) effects, so that I could, for example, input a value of 3000+?

I'll be more than happy to provide more details regarding the project/process if necessary. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:36:06 am

could you move the camera closer or make other relative objects smaller?

Return to posts index

Joseph SimonsRe: Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:53:05 pm

The shot involves zooming out from a close up of a city street plan to reveal the whole planet. The problem with simple camera tricks are that I need to use collapse transformations to preserve the quality of my vector file while zoomed most of the way in. Scaling/moving the camera closer distorts the relationship of the image and the effect in an unnatural way.

I was just wondering if it was possible to override those settings, as my tests have proved that it would be an effective solution (if I can overcome the hurdle of the maximum parameter).

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:12:04 pm

No, there is no way to override the maximum setting set for a parameter within an effect. The best that you can do for the long run is to submit a feature request explaining what change you want and why:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Joseph SimonsRe: Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 6, 2012 at 10:23:47 pm

Hmm, disappointing, but thanks for the reply nonetheless.

Is there a way I can reprogram the plugin to boost the max value manually? Can I do this through the plugin manager?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exceeding Maximum Values on Effect Parameters
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 7:26:25 am

You should be able to mimic and accentuate the max. values of the Spherize effect with Bezier Warp.

Here's an image showing the default settings of Bezier Warp in the Comp Panel -

Here's an image showing Bezier Warp setup to mimic a spherize effec -

And here's one showing Spherize applied once -

Here's Spherize, applied twice (duplicated with each instance set to a Radius of 2500)

Your viable options are to apply Spherize twice, ie duplicate the effect or use the Bezier Warp effect.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]