ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha not working for me with CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Mocha not working for me with CS6
on Dec 5, 2012 at 5:29:57 pm

I've been using Mocha with CS4 very well. But now using it with CS6 I am at a bit of a loss. Buttons are in different places and some missing completely and I am having nightmare results.

I figured with button makes a mask and have done that fine, but now I am struggling with selecting where I want the corner pins to go, AKA the old surface button that doesn't seem to be there anymore!

When I imported to AE the first time, I go a result a child could have done blindfolded. The 2nd time and it has just masked my image, rather than resizing and cornerpinning it. Plus, the 'red line' within the mask is actually within the shape I am trying to mask causing a vignette type effect on my footage and not clean lines.

Any ideas?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Ryan McAfee
Re: Mocha not working for me with CS6
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:28:41 pm

Have you tried using 3d camera tracker in AE. It's under perspective. I have had luck with it. Unless you are doing something different, that is specific to Mocha.

Ryan McAfee
Moon Community Access Television
http://www.MCA-TV.com

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:35:51 pm

Yes, I had a play but couldn't figure out how to make it work with a corner pin effect. I am trying to have some footage within some other footage (replacing a blank video screen within a video card to make it look like the video we shot is playing within the card).

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:49:44 pm

If your older version of mocha works 'better' than continue using it. The version of mochaAE that ships with AE CS6 is 2.6.2 It went through some interface and speed changes. The Surface tool and most other tools have moved but they are all easily visible. Perhaps you should visit the Imagineer site and watch one of their latest tutorials to see where the tools/features are.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Dec 5, 2012 at 7:20:06 pm

Genius! When you are so close to something it's hard to see you wood from the trees!

Now just to figure out how to mask the image and have the corner pins at the edge of the mask.

Thank you!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Dec 10, 2012 at 2:19:50 pm

Olly, it sounds like you need (1) a mocha shape export (to define an organic boundary) and (2) a corner pin export solely for the INSERT LAYER which resides within the organic boundary/shape/spline to define its perspective.

Sense make?
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Dec 11, 2012 at 8:00:22 am

Hi,

Thanks. The first bit did. If you could give some step by step instructions that would be absolutely brilliant. If you have time. Not sure what these buttons look like, so going to read the help for Mocha too.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]