ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

forgot to hit apply buttion with motion tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fiona Verkleij
forgot to hit apply buttion with motion tracking
on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:53:31 pm

hii,

I had just "finished" manualy adjusting all my motion tracking keys but instead of hitting "apply" I tried to play the whole file again in the timeline...
Thus I can't hit the apply option anymore so I can't put it on my null object.
Is there a way to activate the keys I made? Because I can still see them on my original clip, the only problem is I can't connect them to my null object(because I can't hit apply) :(

thanks,

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: forgot to hit apply buttion with motion tracking
on Dec 5, 2012 at 2:07:50 am

Each motion tracking routine creates a set of tracking data which are embedded within the tracked layer's timeline. Further, each tracking routine has a unique tracking name. By default, the first tracking routine for a layer is named Tracker 1. The numeral suffix increases with each subsequent tracking routine applied onto the same layer.

You can access or apply previously tracked data in two ways -
1) reveal the tracked layer's timeline properties and manually copying the keyframes from the Feature Center onto your target layer. You could also create a basic Expression pick-whip to link the two layers/properties

2) open the tracked layer's Layer Panel (double-click). This is activate the layer's previous tracking as well as allow for new tracking routines to be initiated. The drop-down menu for the Current Track contains the current name for the track as well as previous tracks. Select the previous track from the menu. Select the target layer from the Edit Target list and hit the Apply button.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Fiona Verkleij
on Dec 5, 2012 at 3:37:43 pm

I tried the 2nd step you mentioned, but the edit terget button is also grey, so I can't use that option either...

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:45:15 pm

[Fiona Verkleij] "I tried the 2nd step you mentioned, but the edit terget button is also grey, so I can't use that option either...
"

That's impossible. Ensure that you're in the correct layer's Layer Panel. BTW, should I also assume that the first option didn't work?

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]