ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation using PSD layers - Weird export issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Warren
Animation using PSD layers - Weird export issues
on Dec 4, 2012 at 4:36:24 pm

Hi all. I've been an unregistered lurker of CC for a while now, but need some help. I hope to be an active member of the community!

I've had 4 years of AE experience but this is the first time for me animating using Photoshop vector shapes in AE. The whole animation previews fine in AE, but when it's rendered (regardless of format), certain layers are invisible, and some are the wrong colour. I've attached a couple of images to explain the problem.

Using Photoshop CS5 and After Effects CS5.5, both 64bit on Windows 7.

How it should look ^ __________ How it looks when exported ^

Thank you.

*Edit: For clarification, there seems to be no difference between the shapes that are visible and the shapes that aren't (the hair for instance is just a single vector shape in it's own comp). All layers have been pre-comped. The phoneme shapes (there are more in the animation) are smart-objects, yet they display fine.

Return to posts index

Stefan Hinze
Re: Animation using PSD layers - Weird export issues
on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:06:29 pm

hey,

the hair is not set as a guid-layer?

(take a step back, to see the bigger picture)

Return to posts index

Chris Warren
on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:48:34 pm

Nope, not guide-later. Not parented to anything else, no keyframes whatsoever on it, registration points are all proper.... baffling. The detail on the ears are invisible too. Just cant work out why certain elements are a completely different colour.

Return to posts index

michael zoppo
on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:53:12 pm

Chris, I've had this exact issue before. Everything would look fine in AE and then when I rendered I'd get certain elements with really low opacity with no reason at all why it happens. Go back and reload your footage or relink your footage/vector assets in the project panel and it should go away. I had to do the same thing to fix mine.

Return to posts index

Chris Warren
on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:16:49 pm

Thanks Michael! Even though I'm subscribed to this thread I didn't get an email notification.

I found that out when I came back to it the next day. Problem had disappeared. Odd little bug. Glad it wasn't a compatibility problem.

Thanks for your reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]