ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Wrap text behind and around an object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LeneM HansenWrap text behind and around an object
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:14:48 am

Please help me out on this one. how do I get the text to go around an object. I can easily make a motion path - but how do make text go behind an object. Is there any tuturials about this?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Wrap text behind and around an object
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 2:03:00 pm

When you say "behind an object" is the object part of some video?

If that's the case, first step is to duplicate the video layer. Next you would mask out/isolate the object you want the text to go behind. If the object doesn't move a simple mask will generally do the trick, but if you want the text to go behind something that is moving, then you will probably need to do a frame-by-frame rotoscope. The last step would be to animate some text in between your top layer with the isolated object and your bottom layer with the rest of the video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Wrap text behind and around an object
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 3:04:43 pm

If I remember correctly, a couple of the CC effects, Cylinder, and Sphere, maybe, have the option to create a "front" and "back" version of your shaped text, then you use a copy above and beneath your "wrapped" layers. Of course you still have to create the alpha that John mentioned above.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved