ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Get liquify effect to follow the Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pilsner KanterHow to Get liquify effect to follow the Tracking
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 7:37:12 am

I have seen Andrew Kramers video tutorial "To Make Demon Face Warp In After Effects(part 1)"

Is there a better or easyer way to get the Liquify Effect to follow the stabilization Tracking

I havent yet tried to make my own Demon video after Kramers recipe. As the Kramer video is from 2010 i want to ask if there is someone who have discovered a better or easyer way to get the liquify effect to follow the stabilization or Tracking. Kramers method seems rather cumbersome.

And if some of the Youtube commenters is right - Kramers method dosent work in AE cs6.

Maybe somebody can recommend a Plugin that can make things easyier ?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: How to Get liquify effect to follow the Tracking
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:42:49 pm

The Liquify effect does not have a position property. Hence AK had to commit to first stabilizing the footage. The last part of the Demon face effect requires re-introduction of the original movement. THe entire process (minus the liquify process) is called inverse or reverse stabilization.

[Pilsner Kanter] "And if some of the Youtube commenters is right - Kramers method dosent work in AE cs6."

They are wrong. AK's method works well in CS6.

[Pilsner Kanter] "Maybe somebody can recommend a Plugin that can make things easyier ?"

Mess about with a still image using the Distortion effects that have position properties. Find one or more that you like. You can then use tracking data directly on these distortion effect(s) without having to go through the inverse/reverse stabilization process.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Heather SanterinerossRe: How to Get liquify effect to follow the Tracking
by on Aug 21, 2013 at 12:48:09 am

I am also having trouble getting a liquify effect to follow the motion of an actress accurately.

My footage is slightly similar to the demon face, but instead, a model opens her mouth ridiculously large and devours another model like a snake. I can get only a small section to look good using the "demon face" demo. I am using the eyes as tracking points, but as the models mouth trembles, the effect looks terrible because it effects the chin rather than just the mouth- any suggestions?

Thank you so much from the heart of a newbie,
~Heather

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]