ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animating Text out of a mouth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy MontoyaAnimating Text out of a mouth
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:37:03 am

Hi all, I'm currently working on some effects for a short film where the main actor takes some substances, and starts to trip and hallucinate. He hallucinates a couple people, and there's an effect that I just can't seem to figure out. I want to animate a line coming out of the actors mouth, but I want it to come out on a bit of a curve, and I want it to scale up as it comes out. Also I want the text to slow down as it's coming out, to make it more trippy. Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Andrew TregoningRe: Animating Text out of a mouth
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:13:18 pm

i'm a beginner also but here's my attempt..

use this tutorial if you want the text to move along a curved line:

you need to track the motion of the actors mouth, and then use the keyframe information to position the text.
this should help you with that:

to get the movement of the text to slow down over time you need to probably use the 'Graph Editor' in the timeline panel to fiddle with your postion keyframes.

to scale the text up, animate the 'scale' of the text (click the little stopwatch next to Transform > 'Scale') by putting one keyframe at 00:00s in the time line, then one further into the clip, leave the first one at 100% and the change the second one to 150% or whatever figure works best

hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved