ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

sloooooow render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leon Edwardsloooooow render
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 3:35:42 am

I am really at a loss as to why my comp is taking so long to render as a QT movie after I add it to the render queue. Here are my specs: 2.3 GHZ Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM MacBook Pro.

The comp I am exporting does feature motion blur, 3d layers and a little Trapcode Particular and Looks but should be rendering faster as similar comps with the same render eating effects (if not more) have rendered much faster. In fact, a part at the beginning that use Trapcode Particular runs pretty fast. It is 1 minute into the comp when an object comes flying on that everything starts to subsequently render much, much slower. I have turned off all the SFX in this layer but to no avail.

In the Render Queue, Current Render info, the tracking data doesn't fix on anything in particular but still takes about 5 seconds per frame to render, compared with under 1 second per frame for the beginning of the comp.

What should I look out for?

Thanks, Leao

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: sloooooow render
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 4:15:56 am

Five seconds per frame is not necessarily unreasonable, especially if you have lots of particles, 3D layers, and moblur.

What are your memory & multiprocessing settings?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Leon EdwardRe: sloooooow render
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:50:04 am

Hi, it wouldn't seem slow if the beginning part of the animation and other animations I have done with similar FX didn't render much faster. Something must be wrong.

Disk cache is enabled with a disk cache space of 40GB. Installed RAM: 8GB. Reserved for other apps: 2GB. Multiprocessing is turned off as it didn't seem to make performance faster and on CS5 I remember it made my Mac run slower. GPU is not available as it is "incompatible with device or CUDA driver".

Almost went mad trying to get vid rendered! Would be good to resolve the issue so when I render a new draft it can take 2 hours in stead of 8.

Thanks, Leao

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved