ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Hand held sky pan with rotation - Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pete johnson
Hand held sky pan with rotation - Mocha
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:04:14 pm

Hi, I've checked through the forums and tried 6 times to get a good track of this but it's still eluding me. I need to place some more plane trails in the sky and I'm getting nice translation tracks from Mocha but the rotation goes way out at either and of the sequence. I have the rotation option selected before I begin the track and I've tried key framing first and last frame rotations on the target layer to try to correct it but this makes the track fly out elsewhere. I'm using high contrats points along the tops of the building and trees. The clip below will show how much the camera angle moves in the original - almost 180 degrees - but you'll notice that the clouds don't move too far with respect to the foreground. My replacement sky rotates so much that it looks like a stage flat rather than a real sky.

Hand Held sky with 180 degree rotation

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Hand held sky pan with rotation - Mocha
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:32:26 pm

Have you tried a 3d Camera track?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

pete johnson
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:44:54 pm

3D track? Nope, not yet. I didn't think I'd have enough reliable 3D data in the background. How would you go about tracking a backgound for which there's no dimensional data?

Return to posts index

pete johnson
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:57:11 pm

Oh. I don't have a 3D tracker either! Unless there's a cartesian system with Mocha or CS5 that i'm missing.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:01:09 pm

CS6 has a good 3d tracker- for CS5 you can try Camera Tracker from The Foundry. Voodoo is a free option.
You see buildings and trees- should be enough info to get a decent camera solve.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Dec 4, 2012 at 12:46:10 am

Try using the Angle parameter to accomodate for the rotation. This seems like it should track well, but given it is a full 180 pan, your data will no longer be exactly planar. If you can send me the footage I can have a go: martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]