ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio Visualization

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tibor BernschererAudio Visualization
by on Dec 2, 2012 at 10:21:18 pm

Hi Cows,

Been a while since I had last posted, but ran into a very interesting challenge that I need some help with.

Here's the source of inspiration:

I'm sure there will be lots of challenges along the way, but the first one is kind of purely organizational. I figured that the artist have used more than one emitter, but for some reason even if I create two or more light sources named emitter of course they respond the exact same way to the audio. And why wouldn't they, they assigned to the exact same particle system so it's obvious that the control will be the same (Oh, man, it's hard to even explain what the real question is:D)
So what I would like to achieve is that I'd have separate controls over the separate emitters. Let's say I have a piece of classical music (Handel: Water Music) which has different instruments. I'd like to be able to assign different emitters to different instruments (different frequencies) so I'd have more control over the particles over time.
I hope it makes sense:)
I have created something basic, but I'd like to experiment a bit more on this, here's my experiment:

The rendering time was 11 hours on i5, 16g ram, Nvidia GTS450, Win7 64, AE CS5, but my particle numbers were quite high (500.000/sec).

So if anyone has an idea how do I go about this, I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Audio Visualization
by on Dec 2, 2012 at 10:47:37 pm

In order to generate various synced animations from the same piece of music you need a plugin like Sound Keys:

From here on it's lots of tweaking and rendering.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mata HariRe: Audio Visualization
by on Dec 2, 2012 at 11:17:11 pm

Hi Ted,
Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I have downloaded and used the trial version for this, but although I'm able to separately assign 3 different range of the sound individually to the particle layer, I still couldn't find out how to assign the different ranges to different emitters within the same comp, or how to tweak the 3 emitters individually.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Audio Visualization
by on Dec 3, 2012 at 8:14:45 am

Try the method shown in this tutorial instead of sound keys:

You can animate different emitters at the same time and in different ways.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved