ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to install Dnxhd

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raphael Rogers
Trying to install Dnxhd
on Dec 2, 2012 at 1:52:50 am

I'm trying to install the dnxhd codec on my windows machine so I can export good quality compressed footage from after effects. I downloaded it from here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/en372311
The link that says this: Avid Codecs LE 2.3.2.zip - PC
Then proceeded to install it. Did a new quicktime install on my PC. But the codec is not showing up in AE. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be under quicktime as a format (which is not listed either) in the render queue. What am I doing wrong? Is there another format I can export to that is of comprable quality and size on a PC? Thanks!

Raphael

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Trying to install Dnxhd
on Dec 2, 2012 at 4:15:05 am

[Raphael Rogers] "But the codec is not showing up in AE. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be under quicktime as a format (which is not listed either) in the render queue."

Add your comp to the render queue. Click on the output module name to edit it. Change the format to QuickTime. Click the "Format Options" button and choose "Avid DNxHD" (and make sure to double-check that the codec settings are appropriate for your comp).

[Raphael Rogers] "Is there another format I can export to that is of comprable quality and size on a PC? Thanks!"

QuickTime with PhotoJPEG at 98-99% quality.

GoPro CineForm.

GrassValley HQX.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Raphael Rogers
Re: Trying to install Dnxhd
on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:57:04 am

Thanks for the info. Figured it out! Quicktime needed to be uninstalled with disk repair then reinstalled.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]