ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Light Beam

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yousif Ali
3D Light Beam
on Dec 1, 2012 at 6:59:41 pm

Hello guys :)

I was wondering if you guys could tell me/help me recreate the light beam in this video :

Its the one in the middle at the start, with the "i" in the middle. I tried using the spot light effect but it didnt work out, i think the main diffuculty is having it in 3D so that when the camera rotates around it looks cylindrical, if you know what i mean.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: 3D Light Beam
on Dec 1, 2012 at 7:52:58 pm

I think its a simple animation of flares with alpha channle. Animate some flares moving vertically with transparent BG and them precomp them all. Apply CC Cyllinder Effect on the precomp and creat new camera. You can then rotate the Cyllinder using the Cameea Controllers. For creating Flares search for Video Copilot Optical Flares. It is one of the best bundle of different flares.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Yousif Ali
Cheers
on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:11:13 pm

Thank you for you're help, i understand what you mean now :)

Another thing i was wondering is the particles that are floating about...how do i make them, and when i do they collide and form a bigger one; im asking this mainly for the explosion at the end.

Sorry i've only just started with AE, so excuse the amount of questions.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Cheers
on Dec 2, 2012 at 10:17:01 am

Yousif

For creating particles you can use CC Particle World effect that comes with AE. Though you have to spend some time to understand its properties.

The most powerful plugin for creating particles is Red Giants Trapcode Particular.

There are many tutorials on YouTube and on Red Giant TV

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]