ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chroma Key Goes Black instead of transparent.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Evans
Chroma Key Goes Black instead of transparent.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 5:03:53 am

Hi. New to Adobe AE and these forums.
I have a question, when I import my ACHD MTS file into AE,and put it into the new composition,I use the key-light effect, and select an area of green on my video. But when I do so, it goes black instead of transparent like I've seen in tutorial videos. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong? How might I fix it? Or is this actually okay? Would appreciate any help you can give me in this matter.

Thanks in advance
Barry.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Chroma Key Goes Black instead of transparent.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 6:59:57 am

When you mean transparent, do you want the checkerboard pattern? Under your comp window, just press the check board icon to get that pattern.

The reason it's screen is going black is because when you set up you new comp, that's the default background color. If you press "Cntl+K" you can change the background color to anything you want.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Barry Evans
on Dec 1, 2012 at 3:44:23 pm

Yeah, that did the trick.

Cheers, John. :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Dec 3, 2012 at 3:46:23 pm

Glad I could help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]