ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Digital Picture Frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
Digital Picture Frames
on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:27:47 pm

Does anybody have experience with showing AE-developed videos on a digital picture frame? I'd like to be able to package my clients' custom videos directly on a frame, but it is not at all obvious that a device with sufficient processing power exists.

I gave a quick try to a NIX 15" frame, but the instructions said that it would only display an MPEG4 (or AVI) at 568 px width..not the full frame 1080 claimed.

As always, many thanks

Bruce

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Digital Picture Frames
on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:45:40 pm

I presume you're talking about one of those digital frames that dissolve from still image to still image.

I don't think any of them are up to the task of playing back video. It may be possible in the future -- and a pretty nice thing to give to a client, incidentally -- but I seriously doubt it's possible today.

Given the current state of technology, it's still a little premature.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Dec 1, 2012 at 12:53:47 am

[Dave LaRonde] "I don't think any of them are up to the task of playing back video. It may be possible in the future -- and a pretty nice thing to give to a client, incidentally -- but I seriously doubt it's possible today."

Actually Dave, I really, sincerely, hate to contradict you, but some of these devices can and do play video.

They require specific frame dimensions and most play MP4 even at 29.97fps. Check the manufacturer's specifications.

I've done several short videos with sound for clients who use these frames at trade shows, or in waiting rooms, etc. The advantage for the client is that the frames are small, inexpensive and easy to transport.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 1, 2012 at 4:48:56 pm

I stand corrected! Can you then recommend a frame that will suit the original poster's needs?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Dec 1, 2012 at 5:00:08 pm

Sony makes several of them that have been reliable. Choose the desired size, features and capacity.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreSearch?storeId=10151&l...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]