ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Molevector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:04:33 pm

I have a shape layer and an illustrator file in after effects CS6, that when I use a 3d Camera to zoom in on them they get pixelated. I have the continous rasterization enabled on both layers and I have the quality set to best... This only happens when I am using the camera to zoom around. . What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:37:23 pm

Tough to say what's wrong from your description. It could be as simple as Live Update dropping down the resolution as you move the timeline cursor, which is absolutely normal.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:10:52 pm

Show us a screenshot of your Composition panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Joe MoleRe: vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:49:40 pm

I ended up using a work around where I animated the objects from the position keyframes within the layers.

The problem was initially I wanted to do the animation via the camera layer but for some reason using the camera layer caused the pixelation.

Ok here's a screenshot, that red blotch is actually an illustrator file that should be text but got all blurred...:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:56:25 pm

I see a problem.

The frame rate is listed as 23.98, and that's incorrect: it's actually 23.976.

Sure, your editing software or camera may call it 23.98, but that's just shorthand for the actual frame rate: 23.976. AE calls a spade a spade when it comes to frame rate, and you should, too.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

eduardo astaRe: vector art w/ continuous getting pixelated
by on Mar 6, 2014 at 12:50:35 am

I am having a similar problem: I have a comp with solids, text and vectors inside and I am using a 3D camera do get closer. A null controls the camera and my zoom is linked to camera-to-null by a expression that inverts its value, so, my zoom is locked on the null object.

Any time I change the camera position to get closer to this comp, it gets pixelated.

Now I tried a bigger comp to be zoomed. It gets better. If I turn deep of filed of, it improves a lot, but it is not the same thing...

If I turn on the vector quality (the little engine like icon next to layers name), my comp disappears...

What I am doing wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]